Thursday, June 9, 2011

Raining, pouring, etc

Hey.


I have a couple of stories to tell tonight.  One is kinda strange.  One is not.


The Not Strange story is a pretty good one.  It's a followup to my strangely sports-themed post of some days ago.  We spoke of how my department was moving to another part of the country, and how no one was going with it, and how I was going to be taping hockey sticks for some minor league team out in the sticks.


Well.  How times change.  In my unique way of being deliberately vague and yet getting across the gist of what's happening, seems this other championship team in the same major league needed a new head coach.  And so, instead of being sent to who-knows-where, I have had something of a promotion while not having to move anyplace.  Fate moves in mysterious ways.  And thankful I am for it.


In the last couple of weeks I've experience muted joy, which is an odd experience indeed.  I probably should have been dancing in the streets, or at least celebrating in some fashion.  Alas, this dysthymia puts a cork in any exceptional feelings.  It has a tendency to do that.  At least I have been relatively MDE free for a few weeks!  This low-grade depression has a bright side - it just keeps everything, even the bad, down to a dull roar.


I say "relatively" MDE free 'cause there were a few low points.  But that's for two posts from now.

1 comment:

For obvious reasons, Anonymous is allowed. However, no spam, no insults, no name calling, no being a bad person to your fellow readers. TSB reserves the right to not publish a comment. They are, of course, moderated. Comments will appear as soon as I get the email and click on PUBLISH.